Is anyone else tired of reading about The Last Jedi yet, or is it just me? Here are some other things that have been going on in nerd world lately:
- A whopper of a Tolkien post at A Pilgrim in Narnia. There’s a lot to explore here – a great roundup in honor of JRR’s birthday.
- Jeffro’s blog has once again begun to stir in the wake of his abdication of the Castalia House blog’s editor seat. He recently wrote a little about the decline of modern fantasy. An item about the Hobbit struck a chord with me.
- We’ve got another Geek Gab (though you can skip the first few minutes if you’ve had enough Star Wars talk). Daddy Warpig and Dorrinal rap about Jumanji, Coco, and Bright.
- The Mixed DM shares some thoughts (inspired by Billy Joel!) on fantasy (gaming) naming conventions.
- Swords and Dorkery dude made a bunch of clubs. This kind of thing makes me lament that more fantasy characters aren’t club-wielders. Also maybe I should pick up carving as a hobby.
- Something a little different – Mato of Legends of Localization talks about the translation of the Tower of Bab-il in Final Fantasy IV.
- I am late to the game on this by a couple months, but apparently we’ve got a Rampage movie coming. This looks like it will be a garbage film. It also looks like it will be a lot of fun.